Sunday 13 June 2010

GFW.




I collaborated with Kate Hull-McCracken, a fellow Middlesex student, studying fashion, to create a series of accessories for her final collection.

'My final collection is inspired by the 1980's film "Return To Oz", a film i was constantly watching throughout my childhood. It's a darker version of "The Wizard Of Oz", with a headless witch in violent costume and Dorothy being summoned to an istitute for the insane. I was inspired by the beautiful locations in the film, caves full of emeralds and mirrored palaces, and materialised these through my print design and panelling'

I wanted to keep it as geometric as possible, so that the pieces adorning the body and clothes would coincide with Kate's ideas for her collection but also work with the beautifully designed print and precise panels.






Having been shown in three catwalk shows (MDX internal show, The Truman Brewery -as part of Free Range and at Graduate Fashion Week) which i wouldn't normally have had the opportunity to, i'm very grateful to Kate and her Tutors for letting me get involved.

I definately feel my work steering it's way towards fashion jewellery and hope it to be on a catwalk in the future.

More photos of the individual pieces will be up soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment